Most visitors to commercial websites decide within fifteen seconds whether they are going to engage: whether they will buy a product or use a service. This is as true for dental practice websites as it is for any other.
Fifteen seconds isn’t much time, and begs the question: what makes a great dental website?
The overall goal of your site, of course, is to convert visitors into patients. There are key components your site must have:
- Make it an expression of your practice. Show visitors that your practice is unlike any other in town. Your site should have a unique logo, original images, be easy to navigate, and tell visitors what they want to know.
- SEO-friendly. Search Engine Optimization may sound a little dull, but it’s how you get your site to rank on search engines like Google. Using the right words – keywords – is critical to reach new patients.
- Knows your audience. Are you a family practice? An orthodontist? The site should reflect this in its appearance.
- Secure. It seems like almost every day we hear about websites being hacked. By one count it’s thirty thousand hacks every single day. Your site has sensitive information, and you must be sure it’s protected.
There are other elements that are must-haves for any good dental website. These include:
- Easy navigation. Your site visitors must be able to find what they’re looking for. Good organization and an easy-to-find, easy-to-understand menu makes that possible, and makes for a more positive experience.
- Photos and video. The images on your site should really resonate. Avoid stock photos; original pictures and videos show visitors what you do, as well as what you, your staff, and your office look like.
- Calls To Action. Each page on your site should have an objective: getting visitors to schedule an appointment or give you a call. Incentives like a free cleaning for new patients encourage them.
- Online scheduling and payment. Nowadays, we all expect a full online experience, including the ability to book appointments and pay bills. It’s convenient for patients and can even make your practice more efficient.
- Testimonials. Never underestimate the power of the testimonial! The approval of satisified patients the new word-of-mouth: through online reviews shared to your site, or even videos.
- Blog. A blog is a useful tool for showing off your practice. Blogs that are regularly updated attract the search engines, too: Google loves fresh content.
If your site is missing these elements, it may be time for an upgrade. Expert help can make your website shine! ProspectaMarketing is an experienced Internet marketing firm specializing in dental practices and the tools of Internet marketing. We help you reach key prospects who are looking for what your practice has to offer. Our unique and thorough approach provides visibility, financial accountability, and ongoing refinement and improvement. You can find out more by contacting Lane Anderson toll-free at 1-877-322-4440 Ext 101, by email using the form on our Contact Us page, or online at ProspectaMarketing.com.