There are more than two hundred thousand practicing dentists in the United States, and more seem to hang out their shingles every year. If you’re a dentist, you have probably noticed all the competition!
It seems harder than ever to stand out from the crowd, but there are effective marketing strategies that even a small practice can put into effect. They’ll help you bring in new patients, keep existing ones, and remain profitable.
The key to success is understanding your strengths and leveraging them to your advantage. In short, you must distinguish yourself from rival practices.
Create your brand
Remember that your practice’s website is among the most powerful tools in your marketing arsenal. It must be optimized for the search engines and accessible to mobile devices, as well as desk- and laptops.
You can use your site to create a valuable brand. Include these essential elements:
- Information for Patients. Internet searches are more detailed than ever before; people expect more than your location and office hours. They want to know your services (including specialties), whether their insurance is accepted, be able to schedule appointments, find downloadable patient forms, and more.
- Patient Reviews. Good reviews and ratings from your patients are worth their weight in gold.
- 72% of potential new patients won’t take action before reading reviews
- 15% don’t trust practices that don’t have reviews
- Video and Pictures. Your site should include videos explaining different procedures, and images of your office and staff. These establish your expertise and connect with site visitors. Tip: don’t skimp on this. Hire professionals to take high-quality video and pictures.
- Call Tracking. This makes it possible to see exactly where incoming calls to your practice come from.
In the good old days, dentists didn’t have to hone their business skills to bring in new patients – but in today’s climate it’s essential. ProspectaMarketing can help. We are an experienced Internet marketing firm specializing in dental practices and the tools of Internet marketing. We help you reach key prospects who are looking for what your practice has to offer. Our unique and thorough approach provides visibility, financial accountability, and ongoing refinement and improvement. You can find out more by contacting Lane Anderson toll-free at 1-877-322-4440 Ext 101, by email using the form on our Contact Us page, or online at ProspectaMarketing.com.