The Internet has impacted virtually ever facet of modern life, including the way dental practices attract new patients.
Marketing your practice online has proven to be far more effective than traditional marketing at reaching new patients. How so? The people you reach aren’t just new patients, they’re the right patients. Online marketing enables you to target specific people with specific messages.
There are a number of reasons why online marketing – digital marketing, more properly – is so effective. First, consider the audience:
- 90% of adults in the United States use the Internet
- 85% of all consumers use the Internet to find local businesses
- 91% of the total population shop online
The Right Patients
What do we mean by “the right patients”? When people are searching for a dentist online, it’s usually due to one of several reasons:
- Dental issues. They may have noticed a symptom that needs attention, like a toothache or bleeding gums, but do not currently have a dentist.
- Research. They may looking for information about a specific procedure, such as teeth whitening or getting a dental implant.
- Comparing options. They may be shopping around to see what one practice versus another has to offer on specific treatments, whether their insurance covers it, or other payment options available.
There are many ways of using the Internet to get your practice in front of new patients. These ways are called digital marketing channels. Let’s consider just one, pay-per-click, or PPC.
The term itself sounds self-explanatory. It means paying a fee each time a user clicks on one of your online ads. Because they are so effective at engaging new patients, PPC ads are worth their weight in gold.
PPC ads appear on search engines and business directories, where potential new clients are looking for new dentists like you. When they click on your ad they are linked directly to your website, where you’re offering the service they’re looking for.
There are other effective channels, like social media and email marketing. In an age when almost everything is influenced by the Internet, a well-orchestrated digital marketing campaign is the ideal way of driving new, relevant users to your dental practice.
To get started, please contact ProspectaMarketing, an experienced Internet marketing firm specializing in dental practices and the tools of Internet marketing. We help you reach key prospects who are looking for what your practice has to offer. Our unique and thorough approach provides visibility, financial accountability, and ongoing refinement and improvement. You can find out more by contacting Lane Anderson toll-free at 1-877-322-4440 Ext 101, by email using the form on our Contact Us page, or online at ProspectaMarketing.com.