Everyone knows you can find out almost anything by searching the Internet. But did you know that nearly half of all Google searches that people make are for goods and services in their area, like dentists? These are called local searches, and it’s something that any dental practice can take advantage of to bring in new patients.
When someone searches the Internet for a nearby dentist, Google’s algorithm interprets the search terms to determine what practices are most relevant. The search results are ranked on the user’s search results page.
What does that mean to a dentist, in practical terms? With a strategy called search engine optimization, or SEO, a practice’s website can influence search results so it ranks higher, thus attracting more attention and driving more traffic to the site.
There are experts who keep track of search engine statistics, and their findings are revealing:
- 92% of people say most of what they learn about nearby dentists and other businesses comes from the Internet.
- 72% of those who do a local search visit a place they find, when that place is within five miles of home.
- Searches that include terms like “near me” have grown by more than 900% in the last few years.
- 92% of Internet searchers choose local businesses that are on the first page of local search results, and 70% of them go to a physical location.
- 72% of computer users and 67% of of mobile phone users want online advertising tailored to their town or zip code.
The trick is to use SEO effectively. It’s an inexact science, in no small part because Google is constantly updating its algorithm. Fortunately there are experts in the field. ProspectaMarketing is an experienced Internet marketing firm specializing in dental practices and the tools of Internet marketing. We help you reach key prospects who are looking for what your practice has to offer. Our unique and thorough approach provides visibility, financial accountability, and ongoing refinement and improvement. You can find out more by contacting Lane Anderson toll-free at 1-877-322-4440 Ext 101, by email using the form on our Contact Us page, or online at ProspectaMarketing.com.