Everyone uses search engines to find things on the Internet, and that includes finding dentists. A staggering 3.5 billion Google searches are done every single day! When someone is looking for a dentist, where your practice ranks makes all the difference.
“Ranking” refers where you show up on search results pages. The higher you rank, the better. Appearing on the first page of search results is best of all; it increases traffic to your practice website. Studies show that only fifteen percent of users go on to the second results page, and after that – well, it really drops off. You probably know this from personal experience.
Google and SEO
The way users find you is influenced by a process called search engine optimization, or SEO. It means that website content is designed and written in a way that attracts the search engines.
While being on the first page of search results is ideal, best of all is making it to the very top position.
- The first organic result has a click-through rate greater than twenty-five percent.
- The top spot gets thirty-three percent of clicks.
Influencing search results with SEO is a specialized process that includes:
- Keywords: specific terms and phrases users search for, like “teeth whitening.”
- Strategically placing keywords. They should be in titles, subheads, within URLs, and elsewhere.
- Great content. Site visitors are looking for your expertise, so this is very influential. Your content should include keywords, of course – though not to excess.
- Fresh content. Search engines know how old content is, and newer is better. Content should be updated regularly.
- Making your site user-friendly. A positive user experience on your site – by making it pleasing to look at, easy to navigate, and providing what visitors are looking for – is paramount.
Reaching that coveted first page of search results is easier said than done, but expert help is available. ProspectaMarketing is an experienced Internet marketing firm specializing in dental practices and the tools of Internet marketing. We help you reach key prospects who are looking for what your practice has to offer. Our unique and thorough approach provides visibility, financial accountability, and ongoing refinement and improvement. You can find out more by contacting Lane Anderson toll-free at 1-877-322-4440 Ext 101, by email using the form on our Contact Us page, or online at ProspectaMarketing.com.