At ProspectaMarketing, we create and manage all sorts of visual marketing materials for the dental practices we represent. From website design to local listings, all text needs images and visual cues to lead the reader to the right material. Without it, all you’re left with is an empty digital presence and a virtual hub that doesn’t draw visitors in.
Our team has put together a list of the core tenets of visual media; that is, the 5 most important rules to follow when using any images or videos on your website, social media sites, blogs, or any other digital marketing avenues.
- Strive for Creativity: An engaging picture can be an absolute game changer for a website. The marketing authority Hubspot conducted a study this year that 70% of companies invest in some form of audiovisual media marketing. This includes videos, photos, and even music! In a pool as large as that, you must strive to choose pictures and videos that are unique to your services and that are stylish. Use music and colors that draw the eye.
- Don’t Overdo it: Though it might seem to fly in the face of the previous point, you don’t want to overwhelm your digital visitors with a carnival of mismatching colors, loud sounds, and intense images. As with everything, balance is key. Ensure you only ever use three types of font styles in your web presence, be it your website or other digital hubs. Another good tip is to make sure your pictures match your aesthetic. Pick three or four main colors that your dental practice uses often and try to pick images and visual media that complement them.
- Videos, Videos, Videos: The aforementioned study by Hubspot also pointed out that the primary form of media used in content marketing is video. With a new generation of consumers, who are all tech savvy, comes an affinity for quick, engaging, quirky videos. Even as a dental practice, you can take advantage of this! Make sure to keep videos on your website and social media sites updated and share them often!
- Image and Video Licenses: After a few months, image and video licenses might begin to expire. This could lead to dead links and redirect loops in your digital hubs. Don’t let this happen! We recommend keeping an updated document with all licenses and license numbers, as well as their expiration dates, and checking it often.
- Labels and Descriptions: It is often important to label and describe images. The benefit of an image description is two-fold. Firstly, it helps the reader identify the media, if the actual image doesn’t load. Secondly, it can clarify complex factors (like complicated dental or medical procedures) to consumers, so they immediately know what they’re seeing.
If you need a company to manage your dental marketing strategies and provide you with excellent visual media for your digital advertising effort, we are here to help! ProspectaMarketing are an experienced Internet marketing firm specializing in dental practices and the tools of Internet marketing. We help you reach key prospects who are looking for what your practice has to offer. Our unique and thorough approach provides visibility, financial accountability, and ongoing refinement and improvement. You can find out more by contacting Lane Anderson toll-free at 1-877-322-4440 Ext 101, by email using the form on our Contact Us page, or online at ProspectaMarketing.com.